Monday, October 3, 2011

Kudos, ESPN

Kudos, ESPN. There will be no ear-bleeding, brain-sucking, hick-inspired opening montage to Monday Night Football tonight! Hank Williams Jr. is a piece of shit. 


So I wrote that comment on the ESPN Facebook page and frankly, I'm frightened by all the conservatives that believe calling President Obama "Hitler" is OK to do by some washed up entertainer on a sensationalist news network like Fox News. Freedom of speech? We've all seen this happen plenty of times. Sponsors drop athletes. Teams/leagues fine and/or bench players and staff. Even reporters sometimes issue apologies for making an ignorant comment. Look, I'm no expert on freedom of speech, but I'm fairly certain that an employer can hold you accountable for your actions.




There's even a "Boycott ESPN for Hank Williams Jr." Facebook page. Seriously? How fucked up and divided as a country have we allowed ourselves to become? And this all reeks like a political ploy on his part as he's planning on running for a Republican Congressional seat in Tennessee. 

So all that being said, I'm happier for ESPN's decision. It was an annoying song before I knew Hank was a crazy conservative. Equated it to that of Sarah Mclachlan's animal cruelty commercial. And I love dogs! But that beeyotch almost had me kicking puppies just as this mofo had me cringing before MNF. And besides, I'm pretty sure Hank eats babies, hates ethnic food, and clubs seals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment