Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Few Things NOT To Do While On a Date...



I have a need to vent. And ladies, I apologize in advance if this offends.

Here are some things NOT to do when on a date... these all happened. These will not score any fun points, nor would I likely be down for another round.

Don't...

  • be mean to service people. It's not cool and very unattractive despite your looks.
  • complain about the wine list by telling the managers "It sucks. You picked the worst wines from every region." That's just embarrassing.
  • ask me to sleep with you and inquire whether I have herpes in the same sentence, out loud for everyone to hear. 
  • tell me you have never been turned down for sex....especially after the above question. 
  • take my wallet jokingly, then pay everyone's tab with it at the end of the night....on a first date. That's not funny. 
  • get us kicked out of a taxi.
  • get so wasted you fall and split your head open for an ER visit and 30 stitches. Buzz kill. 
  • inform me that your ex-boyfriend is Ryan Gosling. 
  • tell me you'd love to date me, but only on Mondays thru Wednesdays because the other days you're raging.
  • call my friend when you want to talk to me. I have a phone and it makes them feel awkward.
  • list off the luxurious brand names you're sporting. I'm not impressed.
  • tell me that you only communicate via text and you don't talk on the phone...ever
  • start preaching how much you support Mitt Romney. Discovered this is a bigger turn-off than I expected. 
  • dress up like it's club night everywhere. 
  • make everything about Texas or Florida. We get it, you're proud of your home state. Now move on. 
  • wear a baby-tee when I'm taking you out to dinner. I will not be eating the food off your belly. 
  • agree to dinner if you hold a spoon like it's a shovel. 
  • tell me I'm Puerto Rican.
  • tell me I'm Greek. 
  • ask me if I know any terrorists. I am one.
It's not all bad. I do enjoy the adventure and of course meeting new and interesting people. But these are the more recent negative experiences that lead me to believe there is no shortage of bat shit crazies out there. 

Happy hunting.


2 comments:

  1. you're freaking kidding me... and this is hilarious. The Texas and Florida comment is epic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all true, all within about 4 months. bat shit. lol

      Delete